21 Disneyland Tips You Should Know Before Your Disneyland Vacation


1 ~ Character Dining is one of my favorite things to do at Disneyland!  I always do the princess dining at Ariel's Grotto and Minnie & Friends at the Plaza Inn.  There are a couple more that I like, but I just love these two the most.


2 ~ Magic Morning is the best!  You get to go into the park one hour before it opens!  You will get the Magic Morning with your 3+ day ticket.  It's great to use that one hour to go on your favorite ride that usually has a super long line like Peter Pan Flight or any of the popular rides like Space Mountain and Indiana Jones.  I recommend the rides that don't have Fastpasses like how Peter Pan Flight doesn't.  If you have a breakfast reservation in the morning before the park opens ~ don't worry they don't count that reservation towards your Magic Morning.


3 ~ Toontown is best to visit right before closing if you want to meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse.  The line to see them at their houses are so much shorter than if you went any time during the day.  Toontown closes around four hours earlier than the park does so check on that.

4 ~ You can order free water with your meals.  You don't have to purchase a drink with every meal ~ just ask for a cup of water.  Plus adults can order off the kids menu if you prefer a smaller meal or need to stick to a budget.

 

5 ~ You can take the Disneyland Resort Express from the airport straight to your hotel.  This is what I do every time ~ I take this bus to my hotel and back to the airport.  You can visit their site to get the tickets and more information or contact your Disney travel agent.


6 ~ World of Color at California Adventures has a dining package which means you get dinner and a Fastpass to World of Color.  So you can enjoy a meal at Ariel's Grotto, Carthay Circle Restaurant, or the Wine Country Trattoria and it includes your Fastpass to the World of Color show.


7 ~ To get a great picture in front of the Disneyland's princess castle go to the side to have less people in your picture.  You will still have a great angle for the picture, but less people which is great!

8 ~ If you're traveling with kids ~ I recommend taking a break during the day.  My daughter and I take a break every day around 2 or 3.  We just go back to the hotel to rest.  She watches a Disney show and I take a little nap.  It helps with our energy so we can enjoy Disneyland!



9 ~ Always try to have a Fastpass if you can.  It saves you so much time when it's busy at Disneyland.  You can only have one at a time.  You just go near the ride that offers the Fastpass and go up to their Fastpass machines and it's super easy.  You will just put in your Disneyland park ticket and it will give you your Fast Pass with the time to come back to the ride.  The only way you can have two Fastpasses is if one is for a ride and one is for an event.
10 ~ The Disneyland Parades are so fun to watch ~ make sure you go!  Some people save seats one hour or more before the parade.  I'm the kind of person that wants to spend more time on rides, so I only go about fifteen or twenty minutes before the parade and I always seem to get good enough seats.


11 ~ Have your kids get a make over at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.  Both girls and boys under the age of 12 can get a make over.  My daughter goes there every time we go to Disneyland!  It's her favorite thing to do there!

12 ~ You have to try Disneyland's amazing snacks!  My daughter and I love their popcorn and churros the most!  We get one of each every day in the park!  Plus the caramel apples and pretzels are really good too!



13 ~ Disneyland has surprises you can have the hotel set up in your room to surprise your kids!  Go to Disney's Floral and Gifts website and look at all the packages they have to offer.  Some are for holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, and first time visit to Disneyland.  They mostly do it for the Disneyland owned hotels, but they also deliver to some closer hotels.


14 ~ If you already bought your Disneyland tickets and then decided to get an annual passport ~ you can upgrade your ticket.  If you purchased your tickets and let's say you got a 5 day pass ~ anytime before the 5th day go to the ticket counter at Disneyland and upgrade to the annual passport.  You will just pay the difference.  Same thing if you have a 4 day pass and decide you want to upgrade to a 5 day pass.  


15 ~ Download the Disneyland apps.  They are so helpful!  My favorite is the Magic Guide one that has the wait times and all the restaurants with menus.

16 ~ If you are at Disneyland with your stroller or got the rental ~ put a bright colored ribbon on it.  There are so many strollers parked together all the time and to make it easier for you to find yours have something on it to stand out.


17 ~ You can make your own autograph books and Disneyland countdowns.  I know some parents make their kids books.  Pinterest has a lot of ideas on the site.  I got a frame and a dry erase marker, then put together a simple countdown.  I searched online for a countdown image and found this one.  We love having the countdown!  (My daughter added the bows)

18 ~ Buy a portable phone charger from Amazon to charge your phone at Disneyland.  I know you can pay to have your phone charged there, but it seems easier to have the portable one.  I bought mine for about $10.  Only if you feel you need it.  I bought mine, but I always take a break during the day at the hotel.  I charge my phone during my break.


19 ~ If you want to save money on souvenirs ~ purchase your family's Disney clothing before your trip.  They sell the Disney brand everywhere so it's pretty easy to find good deals on the clothing.  I've found some cute shirts at Herbergers, Ross, Kohls, Children's Place, and Disney's online store.  I recently bought from the Disney Store some PJ pants and some cute Disney princess shirts.  They have good prices and sometimes they're on sale.


20 ~ Enjoy Disneyland's amazing food ~ like my favorite the French Market Restaurant! I love their food!  I also love the Jolly Holiday Bakery, Cafe Orleans, and Plaza Inn!

21 ~ When you need a break go see the Tiki show!  It's nice to take a break there and sit to watch the show in a cooler room.  Plus order your pineapple whip treat while you wait for the show to avoid that long line on the other side.

~ Britt
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments