What To Wear To Disneyland On Your Family Vacation?

I always pack flip flops for the swimming pools and two pairs of comfy shoes.  The reason why I pack two pairs is after a couple of days in the same pair of shoes my feet will hurt in the same spots and it's nice to switch out to a different pair.

To pack shoes I always use the salon caps to go over my shoes.  I saw this on Pinterest as a tip for traveling and I thought that was brilliant!  Just to keep your other items in your suitcase clean from your shoes.  You can buy a pack of the salon caps at Sally's Beauty or any other salon beauty supply place.



At night (depending on what time of the year you go) it gets a colder so I always bring a thin/light weight jacket or a sweater.  If you go during the winter months bring a hoodie or a jacket.  When I go in November I need a hoodie only at night.  When I go in January I need a hoodie all day and sometimes a poncho.

Always wear socks with your shoes or you feet will start to hurt after all the walking you will do.  Unless you're wearing cute sandals.

I bring a poncho in my suitcase every trip to Disneyland and I've only used it on one trip.  I bring it just in case.  You can buy the Disneyland ponchos, but if you want to save money or feel prepared buy the ponchos before the trip.  You can buy some thicker nice ones for like six dollars and then you buy the super cheap ones for one dollar.

Pretty much any store you go to you can buy a poncho.  If you're at a store like Target it's going to be in the camping section of the store.



My daughter and I always love to wear Disney shirts to Disneyland.  You can buy Disney shirts in the park or you can buy them before your trip.  Again to save money or just to feel like you packed everything and you're prepared.

I buy a lot of cheap Disney clothing on the Disney store's website and from Kohl's website too.  When I go to Kohl's I never seem to find any Disney clothing that I like, but they have a lot of choices on their site.  My last order I bought a lot of cute Disney shirts and they were about ten dollars each!  Super cheap!  If you buy Disney shirts at Disneyland is will be around $25 - $35.  Which is a lot more, but the quality is great!  Their shirts are super soft and comfy!




For the hotel my daughter and I wear comfy, Disney PJ's.  I feel like we need to because... well we're in Disneyland!  I bought both of my Minnie PJ pants from the Disney store online and they are really comfy!  I recommend buying their PJ pants!

Before my trip I check the weather in Anaheim to see what it's going to be like then I decide on capris or pants.  Sometimes if it's going to be kind of warm, I will pack capris and maybe a pair of pants just in case.

Wear sunglasses.  Bring any pair of sunglasses that you have.  If your kids want to wear sunglasses too... great idea!  My daughter brings her sunglasses but doesn't wear them the whole time.  Remember that you have to take them off for some of the rides.  So it can be a pain if all your kids wear sunglasses and want you to keep them in your purse.  My daughter brings her own purse so she takes care of her own sunglasses.

If you are like me and wear glasses ~ I actually wear the clip on sunglasses.  To make it easier.  I bought them at Shopko Optical.  I know you can buy them some other places.  That's just where I bought mine.



All of the hotels have a pool so pack a swimming suit.  If you're like me and don't love swimming ~ I love going in the hot tub after a long day at Disneyland.  It relaxes me.  So keep that in mind... the hot tub and long days at Disneyland.

If you want you can have a small purse, fanny pack, or mini backpack.  I have a small cross body purse.  That way I can bring the things I need, but not in a big purse that I would have to carry around the park all day.  Think about carrying it all day with you.  So only bring something small and what you really need in it.  My daughter brings a small cross body purse too.  Mostly so she can bring her chapstick, iPod, and autograph book for the characters to sign.

If you're at Disneyland with your kids have them wear on their arm your phone number.  Write it on with a sharpie or marker.  Sharpie stays on better, but a marker sounds safer to me.  Or you can order from Etsy a custom emergency temporary tattoo for kids.  It will have your phone number on it and it's a temporary tattoo.  Just type into Google or any search engine... "kid emergency temporary tattoo Etsy."



If you want to wear Disney colored nail polish like Minnie Mouse ~ that's always fun!  I love going to the beauty supply stores before my Disneyland trips and picking new nail polish for my daughter and I. 

Wear waterproof mascara if you want to ride the rides you get wet on or if it's raining.  I don't wear waterproof mascara ~ I just wear one light coat of mascara.  That works too.  

Make sure your whole outfit is super comfy.  You're going to be at Disneyland all day having so much fun!  Dress so you can enjoy your day.  Sometimes I see girls try too hard and they're dressed up to look cute.  I'm there to have fun and feel comfortable.  That's what I recommend if you want to have a great day there!

Of coarse... wear sunscreen.  Most important thing to wear outside :)

~ Britt



No comments